MEREDITH COLLEGE | Going Strong
To: TFC Alliance - Players and Parents
From: Bill Brown, Director of Meredith Events
RE: Meredith College Athletic Field and Track Procedures
Welcome to Meredith College!
Our hope is that you will enjoy your upcoming visits to the Meredith College campus as we embark on a new soccer season with TFC Alliance.
As our goal is to ensure that everyone will have a positive experience while at Meredith, we would ask for your continued cooperation with the following matters:
- Campus Police are charged with the safety of the entire campus; therefore, we ask that you obey their instructions at all times.
As Meredith is a dynamic campus with many students (residential and commuter), faculty, staff and visitors on campus throughout the day, please be mindful that safe driving rules/practices should be followed at all times as to ensure the safety of all guests.
Meredith College Campus Police are here to assist you with any questions or concerns that you might have while at Meredith. In case of emergency, they can be reached at 919-760-8888.
- FAILURE TO OBEY CAMPUS POLICE POLICIES/INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF TFC ALLIANCE’S RENTAL PRIVILEGES WITH THE COLLEGE
- Please enter the campus from the main Hillsborough Street entrance and proceed to the field parking area directly to the right of the Campus Police guardhouse. We ask that you park in rows starting at the far left side of the field and extending to the far right of the field, leaving ample space between rows so that cars can simply pull through when exiting the field (thus eliminating the need to back out of a parking space).
During periods of inclement weather, field parking may not be available; please follow the instructions of Campus Police officers regarding alternate parking options.
- DROPPING PLAYERS OFF IN THE TRAFFIC CIRCLE IS PROHIBITED, as to not impede traffic entering or leaving the campus, as well as for the safety of all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- When exiting back onto the main drive, please turn right and continue around the traffic circle until you are on the exit side of the main drive.
EXITING TO THE LEFT AS YOU LEAVE THE GRASS PARKING AREA AND CROSSING OVER THE MAIN DRIVE IN FRONT OF THE GUARDHOUSE IS PROHIBITED.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- ONLY PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE PERMITTED TO PARK IN SPACES LEADING DOWN TO THE FACILITY OR TO BE INSIDE THE FENCED AREA TO THE FACILITY, with access limited to the turf field only; use of the track portion of the facility is prohibited when the turf portion of the facility is in use.
- Spectators should remain outside of the fenced area of the facility at all times. Approved viewing areas are at the top of the hill surrounding the facility or outside of the fenced field area.
- Guests wishing to exercise during practice sessions may walk on the sidewalk around the perimeter of the facility or on the public greenway that runs across the front of the campus (greenway access during daylight hours only).
- Players should refrain from wearing soccer cleats until they have reached the turf field portion of the facility, by wearing athletic shoes onto the synthetic track and then changing into their cleats once on the turf field itself.
- For hydration, water/clear liquids only are permitted. Please recycle used bottles in the furnished recycling receptacles.
- All trash, including used tape, nylon bands, etc. should be properly disposed in the furnished trash receptacles.
- No gum on the field.
- Skateboarding is prohibited on campus.
We are most pleased to have you as guests of Meredith College and we thank you in advance for your continued cooperation in these matters.